Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Jesus=The Bread of Life

Soul Scents weekly devotionals.Feel free to pass them on to your friends. Free subscriptionis available at: http://www.soulscents.us/signup.htm

"Jesus replied, I am the Bread of Life. He who comes to Mewill never be hungry, and he who believes in and cleaves toand trusts in and relies on Me will never thirst any more(at any time)." John 6:35 (Amp)

When Jesus says He is the bread of life, He is inviting usto feast on Him. He wants to be our family, our sense ofhome. He wants to be our life. We feast on Jesus by invitingHis constant presence into our life, by focusing on Himinstead of trying to fill our hunger with other people orthings.Feasting on Jesus means we believe in Him, cleave to Him,trust Him and rely on Him. He isn't just a snack. He's thenutrition that fills us. He is provision for all our needs.He is love to our hungry souls. And, unlike me, He neverruns out of the energy to provide the bread we need. Infact, He says He is so nourishing that we will never behungry again.

There have been plenty of times my heart has felthungry. But what I'm discovering is that the more I rely onJesus-the more He becomes the very thing that sustains me,the less my heart rumbles and growls. The more at peace Ifeel. He satisfies my hunger to be completely and deeplyloved, and no one can take that away from me.

"Father, in Your awesome, mystical way, fill my every hungerpang. Be my every meal. Help me to rest in Your presence andprovision instead of turning to people or things that don'tsatisfy."~Paula Moldenhauer

No comments: