Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Blogging is slow when I’m reading books.

I think Lots of moms can relate to the ebb & flow of reading. Sometimes you can read lots and other times, months go by without reading a book more than 20 pages for the kids.
Then it depends on the type of reading. I go through phases of what I am reading. Is it for Self improvement; pure joy; fiction; non fiction; dieting; parenting; homeschooling; unschooling;
Spiritual reading; lives of the Saints; art; travel; history; catalogs or magazines?

Lately I’m devoted to reading Revelations of Divine Mercy – Daily Readings from the Diary of St. Faustina Kowalska. I've kept up since January, especially during Lent and during the Divine Mercy Novena.

Lissa lent me Homeschooling with Gentleness, A Catholic Discovers Unschooling. I enjoyed that.

Lots of blogging moms are reading. Mitten Strings for God Dawn @ "By Sun & Candlelight" was doing a book study. She was posting chapter by chapter.

Eat, Pray, Love
Under the Tuscan Sun

Monet and the Impressionists for Kids

Hold On to Your Kids: Why Parents Need to Matter More Than Peers by Gordon Neufeld and Gabor Md Mate

Kids, Parents, and Power Struggles: Winning for a Lifetime by Mary Sheedy Kurcinka

A New Earth – Awakening to Your Life’s Purpose by
Eckhart Tolle

How to Talk so Kids will Listen and Listen so Kids will Talk

ScreamFree Parenting

Prince Caspian

The Dawn Treader

The Silver Chair

I guess I should give my opinions ...... but it is taking so long to just type up the titles.......
I'm not good at writing what I think about books.
Also, I have to let a books sit and stew for a while in my brain to see what sinks in, if anything!

I also go with the flow of TV. I’m devoted to Project Runway. I like The Hills and I am waiting for Grey’s Anatomy to get started again. We never got into American Idol this year. But we sometimes are lax until the last 4 and then watch the final competitions.

My favorite this Spring was “The Biggest Loser”. I’ve never watched much of that show. I saw the finale of the last season and the commercials for the Couples Loser interested me. I watched a few shows here and there, but it wasn’t until the last 4 episodes that I was hooked. Rather I was emotionally involved. I was so into the weigh ins I had to have tissues nearby. The best episode was the next to last one where the 2 women were above the yellow line. You would think I was related to them I was so happy for them and proud. Actually quite amazed to see the 2 women lose more weight than the men, especially at how much weight they had already lost, how thin they already were!! I was thrilled to see that Ali won! That was great. Too bad the show ended just as she won?? We didn’t get to see her and her family rejoicing!!






No comments: