Monday, August 22, 2005

Marathon Mom ....

Green for goooooooo
We were on the go all day today. Somedays it is amazing how much you can accomplish with 3 kids in tow.
Other days you are lucky to get out of the house, or to get one errand done.
Today was phenomenal.
Out the door with 9 minutes to get to the Assisted Living Facility that my father will be going into to pcik up admission paperwork. --- Why O why didn't they tell me about this paperwork (that could take the Dr. days to fill out) 2 weeks ago????
We checked out the room my dad will be in. While the kids begged for the jolly ranchers in the candy dish .... "can't we have one morrrrrree???" While they all have blue or red tounges.
Then came the check .... $1575 OUCH!

From there I treated them to Toys R Us. I wanted to wait until we went to see my dad at the nursing home and see their behavior ... but I knew my dad would be in the middle of lunch.
So we left TRU with the birthday gift for Sat ( "Fridge PHonics" - very excellent!) and the next product from LeapFrog -- "Word Whammer" K can use it to learn 3 letter words. Hopefully it will help with kindergarten. Plus the letters from our original fridge phonics will work in it --- so it says on the box.

On to see my dad. D literally swinging from the "trapeeze" handle above the bed -- - WHEEEEE Wheeee!
Pick your battles as they say.
Luckily it was just out of my dad's peripheral vision and I don't know if he saw it or not.
But he had a lot to say today, and I can't tell you what any of it was. Not that I don't want to. Believe me I wish I knew!! The only thing I did get was that someone came to visit.
Luckily when I returned home an old friend had called his wife, discovered his circumstances and came right over to see him today. God is good!

By then it was 230 and D should have passed out in the car, but no luck!
SO on we went to the next store. The Sears essential that used to be a KMart. I don't know what to call it yet. I won't be shopping htere much so I guess it doesn't matter. It's out of the way, but on the way home from church, which is how he saw a toy there a week ago that he just couldn't forget. Since D got a toy he could get one too. At this point, we have so many toys, I only want to buy what they really want to play with. So it was with K - - she didn't find a toy at either store and was about to choose "toy makeup & nail polish" I said no way! We'll spend the money on the real thing. SO off we went to the cosmetics.
Where we chose some nail sequins and flower stickers for her nails.


No comments: