Friday, September 16, 2005

HAPPY 60th Birthday to my Dad!

Today is my dad's 60th birthday.
After my dr. appointment I went by home to check on everyone and then went to target to get some treats for my dad.

I had to comment to the checkout girl - - I had an entire cart full of JUNK Food! that it was for a birthday party. I'm too embarrassed to say that it was just for my dad and my family.

for Dad: 2 boxes Cheeze-Its, 2 bags Milky Way, 1 bag Snickers (luckily it's halloween candy time!);
Oreos (he didn't want them - so they're coming home); Chips OHoy; black licorice; peanutbutter cheese crackers

for US: bags of - milky way, heath, mounds, orange MILANO, fritos, pretzels, 4-juice box packages for lunches, dr. pepper, sprite, peanutbutter cheese crackers.

Dropped this stuff off and ran home to pick up D and change cars to pick up J&K @ school.
Stopped by the mexican place for a breakfast burrito for me, bean burrito for dad and tortillas & chips for the kids.
Used my Baker's square FREE pie coupon to get dad a French Apple pie to celebrate.
Went to his assisted living cetner, asked for plastic silverware, plates & napkins.
Shared pie with dad. We all sang him Happy Birthday.
Then he decided he wanted to come over to our house to eat his bean burrito.
OK - - Load 'em up! so we arrived home just in time to get my mom's phone call that my Aunt D died.
I spent the next couple hours arranging my mom's plane ticket on www.expedia.com
and then my own. She's going Sunday to Saturday.
I'm flying with her Sunday and coming home Monday night 8:00.

No comments: