Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Inward Inventory!

I have been carefully thinking about how to celebrate the coming Lent.
I was feeling a little desperate that tomorrow is Ash Wednesday and I still had not decided. I thought I should just start making a list of things I could do for my sacrifice and nothing really meant a lot to me… except exercising…….. YUCK a REAL sacrifice as I hate it a lot.
So that still may be a good one.

Finally found where I was reminded of St Louis Marie de Montfort’s Total Consecration.
That was the answer. Just what I needed.
I ran up to the linen closet (which is my library!!) and found de Montfort’s book Total Devotion to the Blessed Virgin. I brought it with me to the Y while the kids had gymnastics and Derek played at the park.
It is an awesome book, but not the book I needed that lays is out easily. Then I saw the back of the book and it showed the other book I have and need: Preparation for Total Consecration. It’s at home in the linen closet/library.
If you don’t have the books, you can follow this website at Fish Eaters
and it outlines how to do it, and the prayers to say everyday.
Looking at the chart, if you begin TODAY on Feb 20 it is perfect timing to make my Consecration on March 25th. The Feast of The Annunciation.
So it is my “sign” that I was supposed to find this today so that I can get started on the Start Date!

Gymnastics was followed by our trip to IHOP for dinner, in honor of Mardi Gras / Shrove Tuesday ~~ now known as National Pancake Day!?? Free pancakes! But they ask for a donation for Children’s Miracle Network. I was very proud; Kate dug in her wallet and gave a $1 and some change!

Back at home I found the book I need and want to share with all of you some more information for Lent.

In the bookshelf I found My Imitation of Christ and Wisdom’s Fool by Eddie Doherty for reading during Lent.

With the kids I’m going Lapbooks on the Simple Gifts Blog has list of ideas from other bloggers for Lent.

No comments: