Saturday, June 02, 2007

Geoff's Rock 'n Roll Marathon - 9 th Year!



The Rock 'n Roll Marathon is celebrating it's 10th year in San Diego.



Geoff missed the first year 11997 - (James was a newborn and we were sleep deprived).



But he has ran the 26.2 miles every June since - 9 years now!



I don't know how he does it.





There are runners (him) and those of us who would rather eat dirt than run (me.)



I got winded running from the parking space I finally found to the gate where we were able to see him run by in the last mile before the finish line.





We usually skp Mass (bad, bad bad) and go and see him along the route.





This year, with 2 kids now taking Holy Communion, I took us all to Mass! (good, good)


We were able to see him at the end and then in the reunion area after he crossed the finish line.



Here is his medal, and he is changing his shirt.

No comments: