Saturday, July 07, 2007

Boating at the Lake

We had a great day boating at the lake (formed by a dam).

Geoff & James went out early and James brought his neighbor friend Chris.
Katie, Derek & I joined them later about 9:45.
Geoff was eager to get in the water and wake board, I was finally there to drive him, so he went as soon as we left the dock.



I went next. We got the boat in Aug 2001. I water skied all of the years until 2006 - last year I finally tried wake boarding
So I needed to practice that again. Actually I like it much better. The falls just don't seem so hard.


You still get your sinuses cleaned out though.



I finally got up on the 4th try. And did get up on a few more tries. I had to quit after about 4 rides though my sinuses couldn't take it anymore.




Then we went ashore and the kids played in the sand while we blew up the tube.


The rest of the day was fun whipping the kids around, and I had one turn, in the tube.


1 comment:

Alice Gunther said...

This post makes me want to re-read Swallows and Amazons!

What fun!