Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Derek is 5 today !!!

My baby boy is now 5 years old.
Time is going by way too fast.
Luckily he is still my snuggler. Most nights he still comes to me, snuggles up on my lap and falls asleep.
He still likes to be kissed, hugged and still (though not too often anymore) twiddle my hair.
He was the only one who twiddled my hair. He HAD to. He would do it while he nursed and had to do it while he fell asleep. Sometimes he still reaches out to my hair as he is drowsy and falling asleep. All the kids are different. I always wonder if the other kids would be more affectionate if they hadn't been 'replaced' by the next baby when they were 2 or 3.
Derek has had me all to himself. He didn't get kicked off my lap by a new nursing baby.
He didn't get kicked out of sleeping with mom.
He didn't get shipped off to pre-school. He's home with mom doing preschool & now kindergarten.


He is into doing this 'deer in the headlights' big goofy grin these days.

This is the 3rd round of cupcakes and singing Happy Birthday. 1st at his party. 2nd at his Art History class, more cupcakes, and now at home after his dinner out.... more cupcakes! (see the extras still on the side w/o frosting)
come on over.... have a cupcake!!

The sweetest smile picture.
He's in his crown from the toy store and the balloon we got at the party store.
I like the way spidey looks in the balloon, like he's posing with Derek too.

I have more pictures to post from his party, after I get permission from the other moms to include their kids in the pictures.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: