Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Odyssey books

J has finally, finally found something he likes to read. He's 10 and picking up a book is akin to torture.
The Odyssey series of stories about Odysseus by Mary Pope Osborne of "Magic Tree House" fame.
I ran across this series at the library and brought home the first 3 books. There are 6 in all.
He actually looks forward to reading them, narrating to me and writing book reports.
I tried to renew the books, but someone else wants them... so off to amazon.com and I ordered them. J said he would re-read them and they will be great to own for the other 2 kids later.
Amazon is having them buy 3 get one free. That's a good deal. I bought all 6 and 2 of Mary Pope Osborne's Research study guides: Greece & the Olympics and Knights & Castles.



Posted by Picasa

No comments: