Saturday, September 06, 2008

5 plane tickets .... complete purchase!

I Did It! I clicked the Purchase 5 plane tickets for our family to go to the East Coast!

I've wanted to go for 2 years and we are officially going! I bought the plane tickets, reserved the hotels & rental cars.

We fly into Washington DC on a Wednesday and stay until Sunday.
Rent a car and drive to New York City!
We are there until Wednesday and then we drive to Boston!
We will be in Boston for 5 days!

I'm so excited.
I have borrowed every book from the City and County library systems I can find that is a travel guide, kid's guide, travelling with kids, picture books, ABC & 123 books about the 3 cities.
I also found a Guide to the Smithsonian book the kids are looking through.

Next I need to come up with an itinerary for each city. We want to see as much as we can, but with 3 kids --- not exhaust ourselves too much.

On Amazon I ordered "KidQuest - We're There! Washington, DC" and Boston and New York City. These are great handy little books that will be ideal for taking with us and guiding our days. I'm going to list the sights in each book and look on a map so that we do the things close together each day and try to see them all.

I also ordered "A Kid's Guide to Washington DC". It has activities and journaling activities to do about the sights in DC.

Oh and can't forget the Dover coloring book of New York City.

I need to also check out the Catholic churches & Shrines to see.
For sure we will go to Mass on the weekend at the Immaculate Conception Basilica in DC.
In New York we'll definitely go to St. Patrick's Cathedral and try to see St. Elizabeth Seton's
Shrine.

If you have any suggestions please leave a comment!!

No comments: