Wednesday, September 10, 2008

NO Fun......... perimenopause....... checklist of symptoms....

Here's what I've been dealing with & researching for the past 2 months........ perimenopause.
I'm not ready to go into all the details. I'm having a hard time accepting it myself.
But there are just too many (about 12) of the following list that I've been having in the past year.

It sure has made Homeschooling even more difficult.
BUT it also helps explain the FrankenMommie moments, migraines, moodiness and general feelings of unworthiness, sadness and irritability.
Right now for instance .... I've had this period for a month!

I think it is harder too that all women experience it differently, at different times.
From the late 30s into the 40s and 50s.
I'm 41 and when I called the Dr.'s office 3 times now they are not at all concerned or alarmed - - Like I am - - because I'm over 40 and these are all the perimenopause symptoms.
Sadly, this could go on for MANY more years. 5, 8 12 more years of this just sucks.

The 34 Signs/Symptoms of Menopause.

Some women have symptoms during this time that can be very difficult. Some of these symptoms include:

Changes in your menstrual cycle - i.e., longer or shorter periods, heavier or lighter periods, or missed periods
Hot flashes (power surges -- sudden rush of heat from your chest to your head)
Palpitations, skipped heartbeats
Internal shaking / tremor-like feelings
Night sweats
Vaginal dryness
Dry skin and skin changes
Itching
Formication (feeling like ants are crawling on your body)
Insomnia and other sleep disturbances
Mood swings
Allergies, sinus problems
Wheezing, respiratory problems, coughing
Depression
Anxiety
Panic attacks
Crying for no apparent reason
General irritability and/or anger
Hair thinning or loss
Pain during sex
More urinary infections
Urinary incontinence
Decreased or non-existent libido
Increase in body fat, especially around your waist
Forgetfulness, brain fog, problems with concentration and memory

1 comment:

Chari said...

Oh.... boy...I SO know your pain. We will have to chat about it sometime. :)

I have been enjoying your blog.....the name caught my eye on someone else's blog...since I love the ocean....grew up on Venice Beach and, as I perused, I found you were friends with some of my friends, Erica & Lissa, for instance. Small world!

Nice to "meet" you! BTW, I am on my way to Disneyland tomorrow! :)

God bless....hope you feel better soon!