Tuesday, September 23, 2008

update on my health

Well it turns out most likely that I'm not starting perimenopause. The Dr. didn't actually say that but once he started his examination he found immediately that I had a Polyp on my cervix.

I made it in for a last minute appt with a GYN Dr. today. (We leave at 6:30 a.m. tomorrow!!)
He saw right away that I had a polyp on my cervix.
He said several times that is was of "moderate size". He removed it and I saw it.
They sent it to pathology. He said that those are rarely cancerous, but that it will probably grow back in 1-2 years. Just have to check at my checkups.

I guess I can describe it's size between the size of a nickel & quarter but in a teardrop form and bright red color.
Hopefully that will take care of the bleeding I've had for over a month.
He also did a biopsy of my uterus. Then an internal ultrasound. Everything looked good there, all was normal with my uterus and ovaries, so the biopsy should be fine too.

Thank you so very much for your prayers.
Now we are off for our trip. Please pray for our safe travels.
AND that it will not rain the next 3 days in DC like the online weather says!! :(

I will pray for you and your children when we visit Mass at the Immaculate Conception Basilica in Washington D.C and St. Patrick's in New York City! In Boston I think the church is St. Joseph's.

No comments: